
[ad_1]

Despite the bickering within opposition circles at home and abroad, two weeks after the July 28 presidential election, Venezuela is rapidly returning to normalcy after yet another failure to force President Nicolas Maduro from power.
Peace has returned to the streets of Caracas, the National Assembly is meeting, new laws are being passed, the Supreme Court is reviewing election results — and more countries, including the Vatican, continue to restore diplomatic relations.
Washington continues to support the unproven claims of opposition leader Edmundo González Urrutia and his far-right coalition that Maduro and the ruling United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV) “stole” the election and recognizes him as an “alternative president” appointed by the White House.
While those declared losers continued to fret about the Cold War abroad, the new administration exposed an ongoing cyberwar against Maduro and Venezuela, while also unveiling a plan that failed to implement a blackout in eight states — part of a rolling plan to ultimately prevent or delay the electronic communication of results before and on Election Day.
Despite the arrested plotters’ televised confessions of who paid them and how much ($150 a day), on July 28, when voters went to the polls, a storm of cyber hacking attacks hit at least ten entities linked to the government, the PSUV and the National Electoral Council (CNE).
Venezuela also revealed it used “bot farms” to spread millions of messages across thousands of mobile phones to spread opposition messaging before, during and after elections — with one message being viewed more than 30 million times and slowing down the delivery of election day results.
Caracas also exposed the coordinated efforts of major online information traffickers, including Elon Musk’s (“X”) platforms, Bloomberg, BBC, CNN, Fox and CBC, and Edison, an American company that has long cooperated openly and secretly with US official agencies to provide confusing and illegal “exit polls” throughout election day, claiming that González was leading Maduro.
The first moves of the new National Assembly after taking office included discussing a new law prohibiting fascism that led to the death of 25 PSUV activists, and President Maduro signing an agreement on a National Cybersecurity Commission to investigate ongoing hacking attacks and other cyber-based violations of institutional order.
While González and his supporters in Washington, Canada and London continue to seek international support for a case that has not yet begun to be proven, President Maduro formally requested the Supreme Court of the Republic to investigate the results announced by the CNE.
The court subpoenaed all political parties and former candidates to submit their data for evaluation by the Electoral Chamber, and earlier this week, 33 of the 38 parties and nine of the 10 candidates showed up for the hearing — all except González and the party he represents.
Still, the Supreme Court’s decision will be final, even if Washington and the opposition do not recognize or even respect Venezuela’s laws and institutions.
While González and his overseas backers and financiers continue to point out that Brazil, Colombia and Mexico are also seeking clarification on the election results, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has said Washington has no right to interfere in Venezuela’s internal elections.
Maduro said Venezuela will officially meet with the leaders of Brazil, Colombia and Mexico to address their concerns, while the anti-Venezuela “Lima Group” in the Washington-based Organization of American States (OAS) has not yet found a way to join the imperialist post-election conspiracy and mobilize it to take a unified position against Venezuela.
González and others continue to reject Maduro’s pre-election invitations for post-election political dialogue, but judging by their presence at the Supreme Court, all but five of González’s parties are inclined to peacefully end the post-election conflict caused by his manipulators and supporters after being declared the losers of the peaceful election.
Calm has returned to the streets of Caracas as security forces have rounded up those responsible for post-election violence unleashed by González supporters following the release of false poll results on election day, which left 25 people dead (but was never reported by the international media).
These hired thugs attacked government schools and universities, hospitals and medical centers, food distribution centers, political and electoral offices, and other state entities, and toppled state symbols, including statues of Simón Bolívar and Hugo Chavez, as well as religious statues, which Elon Musk cheered online on his X platform.
Most of those detained and charged have criminal records, none of them voted — and they were all paid by anti-Maduro forces.
Unable to muster support or traction at home, González and his supporters have called for anti-Maduro rallies “around the world” this weekend in the hopes of providing enough cannon fodder in their ongoing media and cyberwar against a Chavista re-elected to continue ruling the Bolivarian Republic.
This week, Musk’s “X”, a regular on YouTube, Tik-Tok and other platforms, shut down the channel operated by Diosdado Cabello, vice president of the PSUV (after congratulating him on reaching 100,000 viewers), and President Maduro’s Tik-Tok account was also shut down for reposting “violent images” downloaded from the same platform (Tik-Tok).
After another failure, Venezuela’s critics abroad are rushing to turn the failed plan into a far-fetched conspiracy.
But things are back to normal in Caracas, voters have chosen to continue to trust a government that has successfully defended national sovereignty through 31 elections in 25 years, Venezuelan President Maduro has been angered by Tik-Tok despite 936 US-led sanctions in 2024, and the Venezuelan economy will recover again.
Meanwhile, this weekend, friends of Venezuela and defenders of the Bolivarian Revolution in Barbados, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and other Caribbean Community (CARICOM) member states will host a solidarity event on Saturday (August 17) in solidarity with Venezuela and condemning external interference in its internal affairs.
The pro-Venezuela event will also coincide with the 137th birth anniversary of Marcus Garvey, a legendary Jamaican and Caribbean hero who paved the way for the modern struggle for recognition and respect for people of African descent around the world.
[ad_2]
Source link
