
[ad_1]
Kathmandu, July 31. The government will provide concessions on everything from air tickets to fuel to Gautambuddha International Airport in Bhairawa and Pokhara International Airport to operate them at full capacity.
The meeting held under the leadership of the Prime Minister with ministers and officials of the relevant ministries is about to yield concessions based on the recommendations of the task force formed to study options and measures for full capacity operation of the two airports.
Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Minister Badriprasad Pandey said he has drawn up an action plan to make both international airports fully operational by August 2083 by offering concessions on air tickets, ground handling and aviation fuel.
Minister Pandey said based on the recommendations made by the task force and concessions sought by airlines, the government plans to stop charging service charges through ground handling until August 2083. “We have made a concession that the government will not charge fees at the two airports during this period and will not collect value-added tax on air tickets during the specified period,” he said.
He said the government would make a concession by not collecting the airfare fees that the tourism board charges at the two airports during that period. He said the government also plans not to collect value-added tax on airfares until August 2083.
He said that an action plan has been prepared in coordination with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry on the fuel issue to make fuel cheaper at Bailahawa than at Kathmandu Airport. He informed that the Ministry of Labour and Foreign Affairs has planned to manage the operations of immigration offices and visa centres.
He said an action plan had been submitted to the Council of Ministers to be implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to conduct quarantine checks at the airport. He believed that the concessions given by the government to the airport would make the airport fully operational.
[ad_2]
Source link