
[ad_1]
Seoul: North Korea launches garbage-laden balloon A nuclear missile struck South Korea’s presidential palace on Wednesday (July 24), security officials told AFP, prompting Seoul to mobilize its chemical response team in a tit-for-tat propaganda war.
It was the first time the South Korean leader’s office in central Seoul, protected by dozens of soldiers and a no-fly zone, had been directly hit by thousands of trash-laden balloons launched by Pyongyang since May.
“The garbage balloon has been safely collected by the Chemical, Biological and Radiological (Warfare) Response Team,” the Presidential Security Agency told AFP.
“After investigation, it was determined that the object was not hazardous and was not contaminated,” the statement said.
South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff previously confirmed that North Korea had once again launched balloons carrying garbage into North Korea, and Seoul city authorities also sounded the alert on Wednesday morning.
“If you find any fallen balloons, please do not touch them and report them to the nearest military unit or police station,” the statement said.
[ad_2]
Source link