
[ad_1]
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said late Saturday ‘No certainty’ Both men died in the attack.
Dave has been one of Israel’s most wanted men for decades, with Israeli authorities accusing him of killing multiple civilians and soldiers. There have been at least six assassination attempts on him.
He announced the start of the audio message Hamas launched a surprise attack on southern Israel on October 7The Gaza War was sparked, and the military named him and Salama as the “two masterminds” of the attack.
Separately, rescue workers said on Sunday that three attacks in different areas of Gaza City killed at least eight people.
Meanwhile, the Israeli military said operations were continuing across the territory, including Gaza City and Rafah.
The Hamas attack on October 7 killed 1,195 people, mostly civilians, according to an AFP tally based on Israeli figures.
The militants also took 251 hostages, 116 of whom remained in Gaza, and the military said 42 had died.
Israel responded with a military offensive that has killed at least 38,443 people in Gaza, most of them civilians, according to a death toll released by Gaza’s Health Ministry on Saturday afternoon.
‘Horse terror’
The deaths in the Almawasi camp have drawn condemnation from governments across the region, with Egypt’s Foreign Ministry saying such “crimes … are unacceptable for any reason”.
The Israeli military said of the attack on Dave that “the area that was attacked was an open area surrounded by trees, several buildings and sheds. It was not a tent complex, but a combat compound.”
Hamas issued a statement rejecting Israel’s claims against Div, saying they were aimed at “covering up the extent of this horrific massacre”.
Earlier this week, U.S. President Joe Biden said the framework for a ceasefire and hostage deal he proposed early in the war “is now agreed to by both Israel and Hamas.”
He added: “There are still gaps to be filled, but we are making progress.”
Hamas official Bassem Naim told AFP late on Saturday that Netanyahu was to blame for the deadlock and called on Biden to put “enough pressure” on the Israeli leader to reach a deal.
The talks have stalled due to Hamas’s withdrawal on Sunday, but the official quoted Haniyeh as saying Hamas was “ready to resume negotiations once the occupation government (Israel) shows sincerity in reaching a ceasefire agreement and a prisoner exchange deal.”
An unnamed Israeli security source said on Saturday that the attack showed that while Israel was “seeking to negotiate a hostage agreement,” it “will continue to target senior Hamas leaders.”
[ad_2]
Source link