Broadcast United

Visas of Chinese workers entering Palau revoked, permits denied

Broadcast United News Desk
Visas of Chinese workers entering Palau revoked, permits denied

[ad_1]

The Chinese worker, who obtained a work visa using a Philippine passport, had his entry visa revoked.

In a letter to William Estacio Lim’s employer, Vance Polycarp, DBA HK Lucky Restaurant, Employment Services Department director Terralyn Nabeyama said Lim’s entry and work permits had been revoked.

The BI issued a wanted warrant for Lin early last week after the National Security Agency discovered that he had submitted a forged Philippine passport as supporting documentation in his work permit application.

Nabeyama stated in the division’s letter to Polycarp that employing Hayashi was “no longer in the best interests of the Republic.”

As of press time, it was unclear whether the Immigration Bureau had found Lin after issuing a wanted warrant last week.

It is reported that Lin arrived in Palau as a tourist on December 23 and applied for and obtained a work permit under HK Lucky Restaurant in January 2024. Although the background check results have not yet been announced, Lin still obtained a work permit on February 20, 2024.

In May this year, the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs confirmed in a diplomatic note to the NSO that Lin’s Philippine passport was forged.

The statement added that the Philippine government would not recognize Lin’s passport.

In a related incident, the Department of Employment Services denied work visas to 15 Chinese nationals due to falsified documents.

At least 15 Chinese nationals have reportedly had their work permit applications rejected by employment services because they submitted false documents to obtain jobs in the island nation.

In letters to various employers of Chinese nationals, the department said the workers’ supporting documents were “deemed to be forged” and their applications were therefore rejected.

According to the department, several supporting documents provided by employers for Chinese nationals, including criminal records, work records and medical examination records, were suspected of being forged. The department said it had found sufficient evidence to prove “deliberately providing false, incomplete or misleading information in an entry clearance application.”

The letters were provided to the following employers: Drafting and Designs Company, Trim Inc. Sunshine Palau Tour, Oceanic Assets Management Company and Galaxy Builder Company. (Bernadette Carreon)

[ad_2]

Source link

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *