
[ad_1]

Last week, three girls were killed in a knife attack in Southport, northwest England, and riots broke out in the town, with 420 people arrested so far.
The murders were immediately exploited by anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim groups. Shortly after the attacks, false information circulated online that the suspect was a radical Islamist who had just arrived in the UK. However, police announced that the suspect was born in
Britain also said the case was not being treated as a terrorist incident.
Interior Minister Yvette Cooper said the incident “encouraged these groups to incite racial hatred”, leading their members to throw bricks at police, loot shops and attack mosques.
Riots broke out in Liverpool, Bristol, Tamworth, Middlesbrough and Belfast in Northern Ireland over the weekend, where most protesters covered their heads with bandanas and draped Union Jacks.
Most of them threw rocks and chanted “Stop the boats,” referring to the migrants who have arrived in the UK from its southern coast in recent years. In Rotherham, northern England, protesters tried to break into a hotel where asylum seekers were staying.
On Sunday, Starmer promised that anti-immigrant and Islamophobic thugs would regret their actions.
The head of the Labour government, which came to power a month ago, said: “I promise you will regret taking part in these riots, whether directly or by inciting them online.”
He promised that the government would “do everything possible to bring these thugs to justice as soon as possible.”
Daily News
[ad_2]
Source link