Broadcast United

Lebanon’s Hezbollah claims to have fired rockets into northern Israel

Broadcast United News Desk
Lebanon’s Hezbollah claims to have fired rockets into northern Israel

[ad_1]

The Gaza war was sparked by a Hamas attack on Israel on October 7, leading to violent clashes between the Israeli army and its Palestinian Islamist movement ally Hezbollah, which have intensified in recent weeks.

Hezbollah announced in a separate statement on Friday that it had fired “Katyusha-type rockets” at the village of Maghariot and two border military positions in retaliation for “enemy attacks on villages and houses in the south.”

The Israeli army said two soldiers were slightly wounded “by shells fired at the border town of Kiryat Shmona,” adding that they had been taken to hospital.




He also claimed that he had hit “launching points” and fired shells at several areas in southern Lebanon.

Lebanon’s official news agency ANI said four people were slightly injured near Bint Jubail in southern Lebanon, including two firefighters who were attacked by Israeli warplanes while “extinguishing a fire.”

The United Nations on Friday again expressed “deep concern” about the “intensified fighting” the previous day, “which increases the risk of a large-scale war.”

After a Hezbollah commander was killed in an Israeli bombing on Wednesday, the Lebanese Islamic Movement announced it had fired more than 300 rockets at targets in northern Israel and launched explosive drones at a dozen military positions in less than 24 hours.

Attacks on both sides of the Israeli-Lebanese border have killed at least 496 people in Lebanon over eight months, most of them combatants, but also about 95 civilians, according to an AFP tally based on data from Shiite movements and official sources.

According to authorities, at least 16 Israeli soldiers and 11 civilians were killed.

Tens of thousands of residents on both sides of the border have been displaced by the fighting.

A Hamas delegation met with Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Friday to discuss the situation on the ground and upcoming ceasefire talks in Gaza.

Hezbollah reiterated that it would only stop its attacks if there was a ceasefire in Gaza.

[ad_2]

Source link

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *