Broadcast United

British court charges two teenagers with right-wing terrorism offences

Broadcast United News Desk
British court charges two teenagers with right-wing terrorism offences

[ad_1]

LONDON, Aug 16 (Reuters) – Two teenagers appeared in a London court on Friday, fresh from an investigation on suspicion of far-right terrorism and accused of trying to obtain guns and explosives.

London Metropolitan Police said Rex Clarke, 18, and Sofia Vinogradova, 19, were both charged with one count of preparing a terrorist act following an investigation, but that the investigation was not related to the riots and racist attacks that occurred across Britain last month.

Clark’s alleged crimes involved “obtaining and manufacturing components for (improvised explosive devices), manufacturing and testing Molotov cocktails and attempting to obtain firearms,” ​​according to the charges.

Vinogradova was accused of “trying to acquire a firearm and testing petrol bombs” as part of the charges against her. She was also charged with two counts of collecting information that could be useful to someone preparing to commit an act of terrorism.

The pair appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court and did not enter any pleas. They have been remanded in custody pending a trial at the Old Bailey on September 13.
Commander Dominic Murphy, head of the Metropolitan Police’s counter-terrorism command, said: “I would like to reassure the public that at this time we do not believe there is any wider threat posed by this investigation.”

Police said charges had been laid and they could not provide further details about the investigation.

[ad_2]

Source link

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *