Broadcast United

Darko Mladic: Dad is still in a bad condition – we hope he gets better, but he doesn’t

Broadcast United News Desk

[ad_1]

In May, a request to release the general from prison to Serbia for medical treatment was rejected

* He is still bedridden with the same problems – heart, kidneys, nervous system, etc.

____________________________________________________________

Darko Mladic, son of General Ratko Mladic, former chief of staff of the Republika Srpska Army, who is being held in Scheveningen, said his health condition had not changed and could be described as stable.

– There are no changes in health. Another elk visited him and now we are waiting for the report. Darko Mladic said that essentially, there is nothing new, but did not specify which doctor he was referring to.

According to him, General Mladic is still bedridden and suffers from the same problems – heart, kidneys, nervous system, etc.

– According to the report of the doctors who visited General Mladic earlier, there has been no change in his condition, neither worse nor better. But it is all a very sensitive state, because he is weak and very sensitive to everything. We hoped that he would get better, but he did not, said Darko Mladic.

He said there were no plans for another Serbian doctor to visit the general.

– Now the focus is to see if we can somehow improve his condition – added General Srna’s son.

He reminded that as recently as May, the defence’s request for the release of General Mladic to receive medical treatment in Serbia had been rejected, so there was no need to make the same request again as the situation had not changed.

According to him, there is no air conditioning in The Hague Detention Center because it is not hot there.

In June 2021, the Hague Tribunal sentenced General Mladic to life imprisonment. Due to his poor health, Mladic’s family and defense lawyers have repeatedly requested that he be allowed to receive treatment in freedom, but the Hague Tribunal and its successor, the Residual Mechanism, have rejected these requests.

On January 8, he underwent surgery to implant a pacemaker at a hospital in the Netherlands, and in February he was examined by a team of doctors from Republika Srpska.

(Doe)



[ad_2]

Source link

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *