Broadcast United

Changi Airport airline check-in operations resume as normal after CrowdStrike outage

Broadcast United News Desk
Changi Airport airline check-in operations resume as normal after CrowdStrike outage

[ad_1]

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s Changi Airport said on Saturday (July 20) that the check-in process has returned to normal. All affected airlines Friday’s IT outage affected businesses around the world.

Airlines are forced to implement manual check-in at Changi Airport and airports around the world following a software update by a cybersecurity firm Crowdfunding Causes computer systems running Microsoft Windows operating systems to crash.

In an update on Saturday evening, Changi Airport thanked everyone affected for their patience and understanding.

‘Serious and worrying’

Singapore’s Minister for Digital Development and Information, Ms Josephine Teo, called the outage “serious and worrying”.

“My team worked overnight to support businesses affected by the power outage in Singapore. Our first priority was to help them recover, and I am glad that most of these services are back to normal,” Ms Teo said in a Facebook post on Saturday afternoon.

Her comments came after India’s telecommunications ministry said in a statement that most companies affected by the blackout had resumed service to the public as of 6 a.m. Saturday.

“These include airline check-in services, newspapers, broadcasting and postal services,” the Ministry of Digital Development and Information said, adding that it was monitoring the situation closely and would provide assistance to these companies if necessary.

Ms Teo also said that as the outbreak spread across the globe, “it was clear that the impact on Singapore, while concerning, was not the worst”.

She noted that essential and government services were mostly unaffected, and some disrupted services, such as postal services, were restored relatively quickly as business continuity plans were activated.

“While we have been less impacted, it would be unwise to think we are more resilient than others,” she said.

She added: “While experts have so far ruled out a cyber attack as the cause of these disruptions, the point remains correct – we must always have recovery plans in place and be able to implement them quickly if needed.”

“We will be engaging with Microsoft and other companies, and consulting with our peers, to learn as much as we can about this incident and its consequences.”

Hong Kong International Airport has also resumed normal operations, Chinese state media reported on Saturday.

The passenger boarding system for airlines affected by the global blackout has now returned to normal, CCTV quoted the Shanghai Airport Authority as saying on its Weibo account.

[ad_2]

Source link

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *