
[ad_1]

Directors of the company Office of Management and Budget (OGP), Juan Carlos Blanco,Require Financial Control Committee access Emergency Reserve Fund The Puerto Rican government has raised questions about the possible passage of the atmospheric phenomenon, which is still classified as a potential tropical cyclone.
“In light of the tropical storm’s passage through the island, OGP is taking the necessary steps to guarantee the functioning and operations of the Puerto Rican government and 78 municipalities. To do this, we have submitted a request to the JAF to allow us to access funds from our emergency reserve. We want to be proactive in mitigating or addressing any situation we must face,” Blanco said.
The board had previously authorized the use of the funds following heavy rains in May and other emergencies.
Potential Tropical Cyclone No. 5
According to the announcement at 11:00 a.m., Potential Tropical Cyclone No. 5 It is located at 15.1 degrees north latitude, 55.6 degrees west longitude and is moving west at about 26 mph. The system has winds of 35 mph.
The National Hurricane Center predicts the disturbance will become a tropical depression late Monday and then strengthen into a tropical storm as it approaches the northeastern Caribbean Sea. It is expected to become a hurricane on Thursday, when it will turn north toward Bermuda. Some meteorologists predict Meteor will strengthen into a Category 3 hurricane.
at the same time, National Weather Service San Juan (NWS) said that no matter how the situation develops, They expect 3 to 6 inches of rain, with some areas expecting up to 10 inches. Potential for flooding and landslides, and hazardous marine conditions.
The Atlantic hurricane season lasts until November 30 and peaks in August and September.
[ad_2]
Source link