Broadcast United

Haiti-Biden Plan: Accepting Requests But Suspending Travel Authorizations (Official)

Broadcast United News Desk
Haiti-Biden Plan: Accepting Requests But Suspending Travel Authorizations (Official)

[ad_1]

Follow AlterPresse

P-au-P, August 8, 2024 (AlterPresse) — In an alert issued on Wednesday, August 7, 2024, the Department of Homeland Security (Dhs) of the United States of America announced a temporary suspension of the issuance of senior According to AlterPresse online agency, the United States President Joseph Robinette Biden (also known as Joe Biden) launched the Humanitarian Parole Program in January 2023 to issue travel authorizations for new beneficiaries from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela.

The Department of Homeland Security said it is observing a temporary suspension of travel authorizations while it conducts a thorough review of the support application process.

The Department of Homeland Security warned that processing of travel authorizations will restart as soon as possible once a thorough review is completed.

However, individuals with valid travel authorization may travel.

“Beneficiaries who have already been authorized to travel should check their myUscis account for updated information before making travel arrangements and prior to travel.”


Follow AlterPresse/AlterRadio channel on WhatsApp – Click Here


In his alert, no details were given as to the reason for the suspension.

In the first days of August 2024, many Haitians were denied boarding by airlines to Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, despite being beneficiaries of the Biden plan and having previously purchased travel tickets.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) said it will continue to accept applications from supporters.

“However, no application will be confirmed until the supporter’s application process review is complete,” the DHS informed.

According to US media reports, large-scale fraud cases are believed to be the reason for suspending the issuance of travel authorizations to beneficiaries of the Biden plan.

“According to the Department of Homeland Security, as of the end of June 2024, nearly 500,000 people had been allowed into the United States through this process. Of these, 194,027 were Haitians, more than 104,130 Cubans, 110,541 Venezuelans and approximately 86,101 Nicaraguans,” the Florida newspaper Miami Herald reported. (emb rc April 8, 2024 10:45)

[ad_2]

Source link

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *