Broadcast United

They investigate a former CDMX lawyer for “covering up” crime figures

Broadcast United News Desk
They investigate a former CDMX lawyer for “covering up” crime figures

[ad_1]

Mexico City (apro) – The Executive Secretariat of the National Public Security System (SESNSP) expects to file a criminal complaint with the Attorney General’s Office (FGR) after confirming the “composition” of high-impact criminal figures in the Mexico City Attorney General’s Office (PGJC-DMX) in 2018. Meanwhile, the local Attorney General’s Office is investigating the origins of this activity, which could involve its former owner, Edmundo Garrido. Moreover, SESNSP personnel, with the help of experts from the United Nations (UN), reviewed 194,479 files of the PGJ-CDMX and found that the number of high-impact crimes registered last year increased from 32,506 to 56,532. This means that the number of registered crimes was 24,026, which is equivalent to an increase of 73.9%. The manipulated data included 145 homicides, 28 gunshot wounds and more than 20,000 robberies of all forms. According to the results published last week, the federal agency confirmed poor classification, especially of high-impact crimes.He is therefore expected to file a complaint with the FGR for improper exercise of public service. At a press conference on January 10, 2019, a month after taking office, lawyer Ernestina Godoy sounded the alarm about the “framing” of data that purport to reflect a drop in crime in an election year. A month later, at another meeting, on February 19, he said that they identified César Martínez Jasso, former director of the General Directorate of Policies and Statistics, as one of the authorities that could be directly responsible for the manipulation mentioned above. He also mentioned that the PGJ-CDMX Public Service Prosecutor’s Office could open an investigation against him. The official did not rule out the possible involvement of her predecessor, Edmundo Garrido, or even Miguel Ángel Mancera himself, who was head of government until March 28 and was replaced by José Ramón Amieva. On March 23, the authorities filed a formal criminal complaint with the PGJCDMX Public Prosecutor’s Office, in which the “entire chain of command” of the Criminal Statistics Bureau was investigated. Yesterday, the head of government, Claudia Sheinbaum, accused that the manipulation of the figures was carried out “on orders”, that the crime rate has soared since she took office on December 5, 2018, and that the crime rate could be well classified. “It is clear that there is an indication and a direction that the figures should not be where they should be and that the crime that really exists in the city will not be known,” he said. This Tuesday, the official reiterated: “We make it public so that society knows, and this is the same as what is verified at the national level by the national security system. So that citizens know what happened, that the investigation folder has been opened, and what results will be produced.” He clarified that this is an exercise in transparency, in the sense that his government will continue to publish crime data on a monthly basis on the CDMX Open Data Portal. “This is not a government problem, the head of government has no intention of persecuting anyone, but the city government and its officials must act appropriately based on the information they receive,” he concluded.



[ad_2]

Source link

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *