
[ad_1]

this Puerto Rican Police Investigating another fraud complaint Alerimar Santiago Torres and Travel Agency Pink Tourismreported on the morning of Friday, August 30, 2024, at the El Señorial shopping center in Cupe.
According to the uniformed police report, the complainant indicated that she contacted Santiago Torreshe impersonated a travel agent and a representative of the agency and arranged a trip to Colombia, departing on July 16, 2024 and returning on July 23.
The injured person was part of a group of 11 people who took the trip and paid a total of $13,100.
However, they were scammed and were unable to travel as their accommodation was cancelled and their flights were not paid in full.
Special Agent Edwin Álvarez, assigned to the Cupe Division, investigated the case and referred it to personnel from the San Juan CIC Property and Fraud Unit, who will continue the investigation.
Citizens are urged to call 787-343-2020or through the social network X@PRPD News And on Facebook www.facebook/prpdgov
Pink Travel agency owner sued for fraud complaint
Judge Glenn Velázquez Morales of the San Juan Court of First Instance established the grounds for all charges against the owner of the travel agency Pink Travel, which has been denounced several times by several clients.
In addition, the defendant provided a worldwide bail of $20,000 as a private surety.
According to police investigation, during the incident March 11 – June 17, 2024the defendant, the travel agency owner Pink Tourismdefrauded a complainant who hired her to travel to Colombia from June 27 to August 3 for a group of three people at a total cost of $4,440.
According to the investigation, this trip has never happened since then. Santiago Torres He cancelled the hotel and tickets without the victim’s consent and never refunded the victim’s money.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for September 6, 2024.
According to reporters Adriana De Jesús Salaman of Rayos X (Telemundo), Last July, Twelve people reported being defrauded by Corozal-based travel agencyidentified under the Investigative Journalism Project as Pink Tourismby Arelimar Santiago Torres.
One of the testimonies stated that suspicions of an alleged fraud began when a credit card payment was being processed through an air conditioning company, which the company’s head said was because they were “moving.”
Another witness assured that after planning a trip to Colombia, including Book now The flights and the hotels, those never existed.
According to testimonies, many deceived tourists contacted travel agencies after seeing their advertisements. Influential social network.
One of them is a cheerleader Jackie Fontanez Who explains X-ray He sent a cease and desist order to the agency to stop them from using his image.
“The exchange was supposed to be about my stop in Colombia, sharing my experiences traveling in Colombia. I sent him a cease and desist letter because of the fact that I didn’t realize that there was still this content on the album and stories on Instagram,” Fontanez said.
He added: “I regret what happened because people who bought their flights through this travel agency had their confidence in me.”
The program also interviewed a man named Yerko MonsalviHe claimed that just days before a group of tourists arrived in the South American country, he was contacted by Pink Travel to host them.
“They wrote to us three days before the travelers were to arrive in Peru and tried to book everything at the last minute, saying they would pay later. Then we received an alert from a person in Puerto Rico saying that this person was a scammer. After saying that, we received the alert and we had two more clients from this agency at that time and the same thing happened, the clients left and they didn’t pay us,” said Monsalvi, who said the agency owed him about $500.
The report states that the travel agency does not appear in the State Council’s corporate register. Likewise, an application submitted to the travel company to register as a travel agency was also rejected by the government entity.
The request was denied on May 1, 2024, and the travel company issued a cease and desist order against the travel agency for providing travel packages without authorization.
[ad_2]
Source link