
[ad_1]

Mayor Chomutovsky was arrested by police last Tuesday. The ANO movement immediately distanced itself from him and dropped him from its candidate list.
“What happened in the Hrabach case last week is absolutely unacceptable and shameful. What’s more, that person abused my name when I was trying to help him in the regional elections,” ANO chairman Andrej Babiš said on social media on Monday, adding that Hrabach must quit the movement immediately.
Vice President Alena Silerova completely ruled out the possibility that Mayor Chomutov would still be a member of the movement. Another vice president, Radek Vondráček, could imagine such a thing “very difficult”.
What to do with the money Hrabach has donated to the movement in recent years will also be on Tuesday’s agenda. Since 2016, 14 donations worth 267,859 crowns have been made. Deputy chairman Karel Havlíček said, Behavior o All ANO representatives elected to paid public office pay regular contributions.
Back in 2018, the campaign returned donations from a company linked to businessman and lobbyist Tomáš Horáček, who was subsequently sued in a health care contract case.
The opposition leadership can also decide who will replace Hrabach as the leader of the candidate pool. It is speculated that the new leader of the candidate pool could be regional deputy and mayor of the central urban district of Ústí nad Labem, Tomas Kobus (currently in second place), or regional education councillor Jindra Zalabáková.
Police blame v case The alleged conspiracy related to public contracts involves fourteen individuals and five companies. Hrabach, who is also ANO’s candidate for governor, is accused of accepting bribes, arranging benefits in the awarding of public contracts, tax reductions and abuse of official power. If convicted, he faces up to twelve years in prison.
[ad_2]
Source link